Tuesday, November 20, 2012

How to Get Rid of Those Red Ants in Your Garden




Believe me, you'll hate those small creatures in your garden that are really painful once they bite on to your skin. It's really bothersome to see them attacking your eggplant, tomatoes, pepper, and almost majority of your vegetables are victims of these little ants, yet a problem in our garden.

I have experience the tremendous pain by these ants when I was weeding my plants and I happen to dug into their colony, not knowing there was any, when suddenly my feet was already half covered by these tiny creatures.

I suffered too much pain and was sick during the night after being beaten.

So, what I did, the next day, I mixed my homemade insecticides with the following formulation...

For one gallon of water, I measured two tablespoon of powdered laundry soap, two tablespoon of vegetable oil, two tablespoon of baking soda, and one teaspoon of chlorine powder.

After mixing all the ingredients I placed the solution to the hand sprayer, about one half gallon in size and immediately I went to my garden where the ants colony was located.

Upon seeing that the ants were somewhat enjoying their work, I immediately sprayed directly to them the solutions I made. You could just imagine once the solution hit them, it only took about 30 seconds all those that were hit instantly died.

I continued the process until almost all were totally killed. Those that were below the soil, I used a digging tool to let them come out to the surface, and do the same process sprayed them directly.

It took me about one hour to continue spraying until almost all were totally eradicated.

So, if you have these tiny creatures in your garden, don't panic anymore, follow my formulation and say goodbye to the red ants. It's really effective, although you've to spend a little amount to buy the needed ingredients for the mixture, but any way it's worth the amount and efforts.

Happy gardening.